At the Kunkel House........where life is always an adventure!

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Starting Over

Well, we have a little surprise......We're going to have a baby!  It has been a journey over the last 3 years or so.  I have wanted another baby but we had 2 miscarriages and a procedure done in the last 2 years.  Honestly, I was at the point of accepting that it wasn't God's plan for us to have another baby and then it happened!  We are so grateful that the Lord is blessing us with a baby, and we are praying earnestly for a GIRL this time!!!  This pregnancy has been quite different from the others.  I started feeling sick sooner and it's worse in the evenings instead of the mornings.  The speed bumps and curvy roads aren't so fun right now.  I am a complete hot mess!  I cry all the time and the boys think I've lost my mind!  Pray for Ben! 

Choosing a good doctor here is challenging.  I decided to try one in Antigua first so we didn't have to make trips to the city for appointments, but that did not work out!  So, after much prayer I've chosen to go to a birth clinic in the city with a midwife.  I've never given birth without an epidural so we'll see how this goes :)  I have several friends who have used this midwife and I feel a peace about the decision.  Also, there is a hospital right downstairs from the clinic in case there is an emergency.  

The boys are excited and really want a sister!  They've been so sweet and are patient with me when I don't feel well.  I'm 13 weeks along and I think it's starting to sink in for everyone.  Honestly, Ben and I are a little overwhelmed and nervous at this point.  Our baby is 8 and our oldest is 18!  Whew!  And we are in the middle of the process to adopt here in Guatemala.  Crazy, I know.  But God's got this and His plan is the best.  We are excited to see what He has in store for us and give Him the glory!





2 comments:

  1. Whoa! What a delightful surprise! I'm with you and praying for that girl! But if it isn't, you won't have to re-name your blog! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete