At the Kunkel House........where life is always an adventure!

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Indy Trip 2017

Jacob and I were able to travel to Indy mid-September to do some fundraising for our family.  We moved to Magdalena, Guatemala over 5 years ago with a commitment to be here for 4 years.  God is growing Love Guatemala and there are some things that we need to incorporate into our budget to help us be financially healthy as we plan to be here for several years, as God directs us.  We were grateful to be able to share the needs of our family with our church - Indy Metro, several small groups, a Bible Study, and with friends and family members.

I'm so grateful for the love and support from our church, Indy Metro!  You all made us feel loved and cared for!  We appreciate the opportunity to share at church as well as in a few of your small groups!  We love you and are grateful for you!

We were delighted to attend church with my parents and sister at New Life (formerly University Heights Baptist), where Ben and I grew up.  It was great to see so many familiar faces!  They also have a Spanish service, so Brandi and I attended it as well.  It did my heart good to worship in Spanish!  God is working all across the globe!  

I met with some of my friends from MOPS and from high school that I haven't seen or connected with in years.  It was great to catch up, have some girl time, and share about our ministry here in Guatemala.

We were able to see family and do some fun things as well.  One of my favorite things was going to garage sales with my mom and sisters.  We found some treasures!  And thanks to Goodwill, Caleb will receive his highly sought after roller blades for his birthday next week, all for $2.99!  

I was able to go on two field trips to different apple orchards with my nieces.  The first one was chilly and rainy and on the second one it was over 90 degrees!  That's Indiana weather for ya!  I was praying that it wouldn't be cold while we were there :)  Going to the orchard was one of our favorite things to do as a family so it was a blessing to get to go with my nieces!  

We are grateful to family and friends who took great care of us and spoiled us!  It is always a highlight of mine to visit my friend Stephanie, who takes care of my crazy hair!  You are all a blessing to our family and we love you and appreciate you more than you know!!!

Thank you to those of you who came out to our LuLaRoe fundraiser!  It was a great success!  Thank you Stephanie and Debbie at FabFam Fashions, LLC for making that happen!  You are awesome!

If you would like to support our family financially you can go to https://loveguatemala.org/give/ and put in your information and select "Kunkel Support" under areas of support.  Thank you so much!!! 

We made it!  God gave us a great day of travel!

Our first field trip with Evie to Appleworks
Rachelle and I met at our favorite hang out - Chic-fil-a
My sweet friend, Stpehanie

Aimee - we were at the same table at MOPS for years!  Boy moms!
Another precious MOPS friend, Becky (and Jonah)
Janell, my friend and driver from high school :)

Kora at the orchard
My sweet friend, Carrie
Last meal






No comments:

Post a Comment